fried frank or ropes (NY corporate) Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

which firm?

ff
51%
ropes
49%

Total votes: 39

sallygoodwin2

New

fried frank or ropes (NY corporate)

Post by sallygoodwin2 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:45 am

Hello, I am basically deciding between ny offices of fried frank and ropes and gray. I am interested in corporate work but I dont know what yet. I"m hoping to figure it out over the summer. I'm a social person and like working in a friendly environment, and Id like to be in a place with good exit opps. any thoughts or comments would be great!!

Res Ipsa Loquitter

Bronze

Re: fried frank or ropes (NY corporate)

Post by Res Ipsa Loquitter » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:19 am

why does this forum hate Ropes NY?
Last edited by QContinuum on Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Outed for anon abuse.

sallygoodwin2

New

Post by sallygoodwin2 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:why does this forum hate Ropes NY?
ive been wondering that as well..

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:45 am

sallygoodwin2 wrote:Hello, I am basically deciding between ny offices of fried frank and ropes and gray. I am interested in corporate work but I dont know what yet. I"m hoping to figure it out over the summer. I'm a social person and like working in a friendly environment, and Id like to be in a place with good exit opps. any thoughts or comments would be great!!
Mid level here and if you want to do M&A for PE clients, Ropes NY has a great practice in NY. Can't speak too much for FF but my friends at Ropes are definitely happier than my friends in other corporate shops, generally. It's also band 2 nationally for PE buyouts and their PE team in the NY office is now larger than Boston for PE. I actually think I remember seeing it bigger than Shearman and Willkie's M&A/PE teams when I researched during a lateral search, though it'll be close.

Wild Card

Silver

Post by Wild Card » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:06 am

Ropes is considerably more selective and somewhat more reputable than FF, but FF actually has some exceptional practice groups, whereas IDK what Ropes NY is extremely good at.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Miss-Bubbled

New

Post by Miss-Bubbled » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:28 am

Res Ipsa Loquitter wrote:why does this forum hate Ropes NY?
Bumping just to get more insight. There seems to a lot of Ropes NY hate. It’s a well regarded firm with market pay and a reasonable billable requirement. From what I can tell, they also treat their associates with a modicum of respect.
What’s the deal?

killingmesoftly

New

Post by killingmesoftly » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:50 pm

I actually made this exact decision between ff and Ropes ny corporate and ended up choosing ropes. So far happy with my decision but I’m sure ff would have been good too. Eventually decided on ropes because I just meshed with the people there a bit more...I did second looks at both which I recommend if you’re really on the fence

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”