Former O'Melveny attorney taking questions if anyone wants to chat Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
BloggerAMG

New

Former O'Melveny attorney taking questions if anyone wants to chat

Post by BloggerAMG » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:02 am

Hello,
I am a former O'Melveny attorney who, after leaving the firm and the profession, started a blog to inform others of what it was like to work there. I currently study and test trading algorithms, and I'm in a bit of a lull as I wait for data to accumulate, so I thought I would chat and answer questions if anyone is interested.
AMG

P.S. I know no one has time for nonsense, so I'll briefly state a few facts to affirm my and my blog's credibility.
1. O'Melveny has repeatedly threatened to sue me for the blog, and I've told them I would remove and retract any false information if they identify it. They have not identified one thing.
2. My first post (which was intended to be the only post) criticized two things: (a) their mandatory nondisclosure and arbitration agreements and (b) their biased investigations of sexual harassment and discrimination complaints. I have been proven right on both of these issues. In fact, the partner whose investigation I criticized in the first post was later exposed as doing a biased investigation at another company (and the victim in that case returned a seven figure settlement to reveal this, so she is credible [and a saint.])
3. Since I wrote the blog, many other stories have come out confirming my assessment of O'Melveny's culture, which I have added to the blog. You can read them there if you'd like. https://brian-boyle-omelveny-torture-at ... gspot.com/

BloggerAMG

New

Re: Former O'Melveny attorney taking questions if anyone wants to chat

Post by BloggerAMG » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:01 am

Okay well it seems like no one's interested. Kind of an intense blog I guess.

Anyway if anyone sees this thread in the future and has any questions please feel free to contact me, including anonymously. I wrote this blog, completely for free, as a service to other lawyers and law students, and I promise you it will give you a real sense of what it was like to work there.

Oh, and feel free to contact me if you have questions on algorithmic trading. I obviously can't share any of the money making stuff, but i can speak generally.

Good luck to everyone in your careers.

AMG

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”