Willkie Farr v. Jones Day (NY) Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Willkie Farr v. Jones Day (NY)

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:22 pm

I'm interested in litigation. Also looking for a place where I can do a lot of pro bono work. Liked the people at both places and the firms seem to be ranked pretty closely in chambers for general commercial lit. I do have some interest in Jones Day's Labor & Employment practice, but am concerned about their compensation model. Also, I realize there's a nearly identical thread on here from a few years back, but am wondering if anything's changed since then, especially considering all the recent negative press about Jones Day. Do either of these firms have a leg up on the other in terms of reputation/exit opportunities or are they generally at the same level?

Anonymous User

Re: Willkie Farr v. Jones Day (NY)

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:20 pm

I interviewed with Willkie and I got the sense that they're much more of a transactional-focused firm. Litigation seemed to be more of an afterthought than a priority. Don't know much about JD though, except for their compensation structure.

Anon because I have yet to hear back from Willkie.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”