one hour interview Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

one hour interview

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:26 pm

I have been invited to a one hour interview. This is a skype interview. I have never had a virtual (not in person) interview that has lasted this long. Even the ones I had with multiple interviewers on the same call were 30 minutes max. I'm confused about what to expect and why it is going to be this long. Has anyone else had a video or phone interview that was this long? What were the questions like?

JOThompson

Silver

Re: one hour interview

Post by JOThompson » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:04 pm

I've had some one-on-one interviews that lasted that long. Usually it involved hypothetical questions.

Is it possible that you're going to have a series of interviews with different people during the course of the hour?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:23 pm

JOThompson wrote:I've had some one-on-one interviews that lasted that long. Usually it involved hypothetical questions.

Is it possible that you're going to have a series of interviews with different people during the course of the hour?
I'm pretty sure it's going to be a conference with two people at the same time. Wow hypotheticals? Like substantive legal issue spotting? That's kind of scary

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
JOThompson wrote:I've had some one-on-one interviews that lasted that long. Usually it involved hypothetical questions.

I'm pretty sure it's going to be a conference with two people at the same time. Wow hypotheticals? Like substantive legal issue spotting? That's kind of scary
I did an hour long interview w/ Drinker Biddle during an in-person CB. It was pretty normal questions, just basically ALL of the normal questions you'd get asked in a shorter interview in one interview. Some light behavioral but nothing crazy. Then 15ish mins for questions.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:42 pm

OP, just curious what happened for you here. I too was asked to do a one-hour video interview, and now they've come back and asked for another one-hour video interview with other attorneys. Curious if they would really still do a standard callback-style interview after all of this, or if there's any chance they could even extend an offer without meeting in person.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:22 am

Anonymous User wrote:OP, just curious what happened for you here. I too was asked to do a one-hour video interview, and now they've come back and asked for another one-hour video interview with other attorneys. Curious if they would really still do a standard callback-style interview after all of this, or if there's any chance they could even extend an offer without meeting in person.
I got my current (biglaw) job after two video interviews from their office, geographically remote from where I work now. The first was a ~1 hour screener and the second was with 3-4 people and probably took about two hours. Got the offer a few days later.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:14 pm

Bump in because I just got an hour skype interview invitation. OP, how did it end up? What questions were you asked?

notinbiglaw

Bronze

Post by notinbiglaw » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:46 pm

Test your camera. I was interviewed by someone via Skype a few years ago. The camera was at such an angle I was basically staring at his hairy nostrils the whole time.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:43 am

I've done this before. Basically just a 2-on-1 screener. Make sure there's nothing inappropriate in your background.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:19 pm

Bump

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”