How to follow up after a job fair? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Annie95

New

How to follow up after a job fair?

Post by Annie95 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:32 am

I attended a job fair (at Lavender Law) on Friday, and now I'm wondering what's the best way to follow up?

I will send thank you emails on Monday morning to the specific people I met, but what else can/should I do to try to advance my application with firms?

Some of the people I met with are from firms that I did a screener interview with at OCI (which was just this last week, but I'm not feeling especially hopeful as a lot of people have already gotten CBs).

And some are firms that didn't come to OCI -- should I submit a formal application to these firms and mention the people I met at the job fair in the cover letter?

Or should I just wait a bit and see if the people I spoke with at the job fair send along my materials (resume and transcript) to whoever extends CB offers at their firms?

Return to “Legal Employment”