C&F Questions re: Employment Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

C&F Questions re: Employment

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:56 pm

Hi all,

I'm in my mid-20s now and had a couple jobs (high school and freshman year of college, respectively) that I am unsure of the exact employment dates for. I know the general dates but would struggle with the exact month, for example. My issue is that (1) the first job was at a pool that is no longer open; I have no idea who to contact or how to get a record of my employment history at this point and (2) the second job was at a fast food restaurant that is known for having managers, etc. that aren't very reliable--if I called, I think I'd struggle to get any information out of them. I don't think anyone who would remember me even works there anymore, and the average manager on duty probably wouldn't know how to access those records (just in my personal experience working there). Should I try a corporate office? Can I write on the application for C&F that this is my estimate, I tried to get further information, they did not get back to me (if that is what happens--I'm obviously going to try to get information out of them)?

Thanks!

yodamiked

Bronze

Re: C&F Questions re: Employment

Post by yodamiked » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:12 am

Anonymous User wrote:Hi all,

I'm in my mid-20s now and had a couple jobs (high school and freshman year of college, respectively) that I am unsure of the exact employment dates for. I know the general dates but would struggle with the exact month, for example. My issue is that (1) the first job was at a pool that is no longer open; I have no idea who to contact or how to get a record of my employment history at this point and (2) the second job was at a fast food restaurant that is known for having managers, etc. that aren't very reliable--if I called, I think I'd struggle to get any information out of them. I don't think anyone who would remember me even works there anymore, and the average manager on duty probably wouldn't know how to access those records (just in my personal experience working there). Should I try a corporate office? Can I write on the application for C&F that this is my estimate, I tried to get further information, they did not get back to me (if that is what happens--I'm obviously going to try to get information out of them)?

Thanks!
I think you're way over thinking it. No way you're going to get dinged by being off a month or two on your employment dates. Just make a good guess and move on.

nixy

Gold

Re: C&F Questions re: Employment

Post by nixy » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:15 am

I think it’s fair to attempt to get the info, but if you can’t get it, yes, just say you tried to confirm and this is your best estimate and don’t worry about it. They ask for everything under the sun but know sometimes the info isn’t there.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”