Question about admission to practice for a new job Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Question about admission to practice for a new job

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:43 pm

So, I'm probably overthinking this, but I figured it's best to double check, rather than look like an idiot day one of a new job.

I'm coming off a clerkship and I'm starting in a regional office of a biglaw firm. One of the questions on the form is about which courts I am admitted to practice before (district, appellate, etc.). Should I be submitting a petition for admission before the district court where my firm's office is located? I've never really thought about this as a clerk (and would I even be allowed to submit a petition for admission as a clerk?). I'm thinking this is more for true lateral hires and this is just the general form the firm uses for all new attorneys, which means this section of the form doesn't apply to me anyway. What do you all think?

beeoBoop

New

Re: Question about admission to practice for a new job

Post by beeoBoop » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:52 pm

No. You're overthinking this. Don't list it. Submit an application after you start working so your firm will pay for it.

Anonymous User

Re: Question about admission to practice for a new job

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:19 am

Thanks! I figured this was a stupid question, but I appreciate the answer.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”