3L OCI 2019 Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: 3L OCI 2019

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote::cry:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any offers after CB for Latham (not SoCal)?
I got an offer from Latham today. CB was two weeks ago.
NY?
DC
How many offers do you think they give to 3Ls??
I am sorry :( They did not tell me that but the original position advertisement had said 1-2. So they might have made another offer.

Wubbles

Bronze

Post by Wubbles » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
NY?
DC
Per NALP, Latham DC hired 3 3Ls in total over the last 2 reported cycles and Latham NYC hired 4 total 3Ls over the last 2 years.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:18 pm

Wubbles wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
NY?
DC
Per NALP, Latham DC hired 3 3Ls in total over the last 2 reported cycles and Latham NYC hired 4 total 3Ls over the last 2 years.
:( will hold on to hope, thank you. And congrats on your offer!!!!

Wubbles

Bronze

Post by Wubbles » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Wubbles wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
NY?
DC
:( will hold on to hope, thank you. And congrats on your offer!!!!
Not the person with the Latham offer, but I'll take the congrats anyways as I did receive an offer recently!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:48 am

Debevoise NY ding (no position available)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:37 pm

Kirkland Chicago ding

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Kirkland Chicago ding
Sorry to hear and hate being one of those people, but was this after a screener?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Kirkland Chicago ding
Sorry to hear and hate being one of those people, but was this after a screener?
Not even a screener

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:51 pm

Does anyone know Chicago/NY firms still hiring? Disappointed with the practice group placement but think I'm pretty late at this time....should I massmail in any way?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone know Chicago/NY firms still hiring? Disappointed with the practice group placement but think I'm pretty late at this time....should I massmail in any way?
Massmail, some places are definitely still figuring things out over the next month or so. Assuming you're interested in a corporate/finance/tax group you might get something

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone know Chicago/NY firms still hiring? Disappointed with the practice group placement but think I'm pretty late at this time....should I massmail in any way?
Pretty dry from what I hear in NY (don't know about Chi but from the looks of it it's not much different), would expect to start at your current firm. Your call as to whether massmailing is worth your time at this point.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:32 pm

I know Proskauer starts looking on October 1st.

I interviewed with Kramer and Clifford Chance recently. They might still be scheduling interviews.

Cravath is looking for executive comp associates.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

I interviewed with Kramer and Clifford Chance recently. They might still be scheduling interviews.

Clifford Chance recently dinged me post-screener so hopefully you're still alive

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Clifford Chance recently dinged me post-screener so hopefully you're still alive
Yeah I had my callback yesterday. I hope I'm still alive lol. At least I'll last longer with them than I did with Gibson Dunn.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Yeah I had my callback yesterday. I hope I'm still alive lol. At least I'll last longer with them than I did with Gibson Dunn.
Best of luck! I got an offer elsewhere luckily so no need to worry for me

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Best of luck! I got an offer elsewhere luckily so no need to worry for me
Thankfully I have an offer from my SA so this process isn't terribly stressful. Congrats on your offer!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Are you interested in litigation or corporate?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Are you interested in litigation or corporate?
Corporate. The opening at that office was for someone interested in transactional practice areas.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:07 am

I am sure most of you will have that information, but here is what I saw from Symplicity and heard through other people on open positions in NY/DC for those that are interested.

Proskauer NY and Weil NY are looking for Bankruptcy. Weil is also looking for Exec. Compensation. I also got a ding from Weil a week ago, although they had not posted anything to my school's Symplicity back then.

Covington NY also had a posting but that was way far back and I had

Willkie Farr has a litigation posting for the DC office.

I am also aware that Cahill NY gave a CB to someone.

Good luck to everyone.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I am sure most of you will have that information, but here is what I saw from Symplicity and heard through other people on open positions in NY/DC for those that are interested.

Proskauer NY and Weil NY are looking for Bankruptcy. Weil is also looking for Exec. Compensation. I also got a ding from Weil a week ago, although they had not posted anything to my school's Symplicity back then.

Good luck to everyone.
Apparently we go to different schools. On my school's simplicity, Weil is hiring for structured products/derivatives, but not bankruptcy. Never saw Willkie or Cahill. Cravath was looking for exe comp but it was like a month ago.
Sent several apps but nothing has happened. Not sure what kind of students they are looking for.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I am sure most of you will have that information, but here is what I saw from Symplicity and heard through other people on open positions in NY/DC for those that are interested.

Good luck to everyone.
Apparently we go to different schools. On my school's simplicity, Weil is hiring for structured products/derivatives, but not bankruptcy. Never saw Willkie or Cahill. Cravath was looking for exe comp but it was like a month ago.
Sent several apps but nothing has happened. Not sure what kind of students they are looking for.
I'm not sure I saw any of those on my school's symplicity. Apparently Cravath might still be looking for exec comp. They asked me if I was interested in that position when I sent in an app for a corp position. This was pretty recent.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Good luck to everyone.
I'm not sure I saw any of those on my school's symplicity. Apparently Cravath might still be looking for exec comp. They asked me if I was interested in that position when I sent in an app for a corp position. This was pretty recent.
Yeah, as of a week ago Cravath was still looking for executive compensation and benefits associates

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:04 pm

Did anyone get a post-callback ding from Latham or were you just ghosted?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:37 pm

:cry:
Anonymous User wrote:Did anyone get a post-callback ding from Latham or were you just ghosted?
What office?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Did anyone get a post-callback ding from Latham or were you just ghosted?
What office?
I'd rather not say. Just trying to figure out if they give out rejections via email, mail, or ghosting.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”