Environmental biglaw exit options Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
mmestik

New

Environmental biglaw exit options

Post by mmestik » Sun May 26, 2019 12:12 am

How common is it to go in-house or to another 9-5 job from environmental biglaw at a V10? Doesn't seem to be much info out there about this specialty. Thanks!

Anonymous User

Re: Environmental biglaw exit options

Post by Anonymous User » Sun May 26, 2019 9:54 am

in my past life, I worked with some oil & gas companies and environmental biglaw background would have fit right in there (especially if have experience working with EPA/FERC/etc). O&G jobs usually have pretty cushy schedules-- you might manage a 9/80 if you get lucky. I would check refinery companies, oil companies, etc. plus the consultants that they hire. relocation to texas is probably mandatory (or maybe to like north dakota, in which case you wish it were texas).

Wubbles

Bronze

Post by Wubbles » Sun May 26, 2019 11:15 am

I know when major agriculture companies, especially notable with Monsanto, post in-house positions, they usually have biglaw environmental work as a preferred qualification

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun May 26, 2019 12:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:in my past life, I worked with some oil & gas companies and environmental biglaw background would have fit right in there (especially if have experience working with EPA/FERC/etc). O&G jobs usually have pretty cushy schedules-- you might manage a 9/80 if you get lucky. I would check refinery companies, oil companies, etc. plus the consultants that they hire. relocation to texas is probably mandatory (or maybe to like north dakota, in which case you wish it were texas).
if you want a state other than TX, you might look at mining companies, esp if you’ve done EIS/NEPA/CWA etc type work.

mmestik

New

Post by mmestik » Sun May 26, 2019 4:05 pm

Thanks all! I'm looking to stay in california, what are the options for that?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:38 pm

mmestik wrote:Thanks all! I'm looking to stay in california, what are the options for that?

Bumping this thread out of similar interest to OP. Would also be interested in any on CA / West Coast exit options from other more DC/NYC centric specialty groups (think sanctions, FDI, etc.).

OfThriceandTen

Bronze

Post by OfThriceandTen » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:02 am

mmestik wrote:Thanks all! I'm looking to stay in california, what are the options for that?
CA energy companies, notably the larger renewables companies, almost always have enviro lawyers on their teams.

Elston Gunn

Gold

Post by Elston Gunn » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Bumping this thread out of similar interest to OP. Would also be interested in any on CA / West Coast exit options from other more DC/NYC centric specialty groups (think sanctions, FDI, etc.).
Probably a majority of the significant fintech companies are on the west coast, so a financial regulatory group should have pretty good exits to the west coast. Privacy/cybersecurity obviously would too, though maybe that doesn’t count as DC-centric.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”