Solo practice- independent contractor Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonesq

New

Solo practice- independent contractor

Post by Anonesq » Mon May 20, 2019 4:57 pm

Hey all- my apologies for the numerous threads on going solo but I feel breaking it down into specific questions will help me as I move forward.

So I actually went on an interview recently to go in house at a fairly large real estate company. During the interview I mentioned how I may decide to go solo. So instead of them offering me a position with their company they may now become a client.

They will sign a retainer agreement. It’s not as much money as I wanted but they will give me an office in their building and a paralegal and allow me to expand my practice. They will also allow me to meet other clients in their building.

I think this would be a good start to going solo with a practice focused on real estate.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Anonymous User

Re: Solo practice- independent contractor

Post by Anonymous User » Mon May 20, 2019 11:41 pm

My first thought is that your question/humble brag is not specific.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”