Non-DC Honors Attorney positions? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
jordanelizabeth

New

Non-DC Honors Attorney positions?

Post by jordanelizabeth » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:09 pm

I've rooted around online and haven't found a super satisfactory answer—do any of the federal agencies have clear Honors Attorney programs in their regional offices? I'm most interested in the FTC, CFPB, SEC, Treasury, and HUD, but information on any agency would be helpful. I love DC and have spent a good amount of time there, but other personal considerations are keeping me more tethered to the West Coast. I'm a 3L with a two-year clerkship starting after the Bar this summer, so I've got time to figure this out, I just wanted to get a start on my research. Thanks in advance!

JHP

Bronze

Re: Non-DC Honors Attorney positions?

Post by JHP » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:20 am

HUD's Honors programs for sure has regional placements. CFPB does not, and I don't believe the SEC does (or if they do, it's likely only a few non-DC placements (e.g. maybe NYC?)).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed May 01, 2019 3:41 am

USPS hires an honors attorney or two in either San Francisco or San Diego every year.

nixy

Gold

Post by nixy » Wed May 01, 2019 7:12 am

Department of Labor does. Pretty sure FTC doesn’t. Some of the DOJ positions are non-DC (mostly the IJ clerkships, although they’re a good bit different from the ones you mentioned). Also ACE does regional placements, as well as NLRB.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”