Do you usually hear about background clearance for SA? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Do you usually hear about background clearance for SA?

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:45 am

I’ve submitted my background check & conflict of interests materials on March 1 but never heard back yet. Does background check usually take this long? Or simply my firm is not letting me know that my background check is cleared.

Anonymous User

Re: Do you usually hear about background clearance for SA?

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:56 pm

I don't know the answer, but you're not alone. I also turned in my background check in early March and I haven't heard anything yet, other than a follow-up question from the BG check vendor about one of my jobs for a company that doesn't exist anymore. I'm assuming that since I'm ~3 weeks out and haven't heard that I didn't pass the BG check, that I'm in the clear.

icansortofmath

Bronze

Post by icansortofmath » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:33 pm

I complained in another thread about BC thing too.

I always had to wait over a month and I don’t remember ever getting a “clear” email. It was always just something like “here is Onboarding portal” or “some forms before you start on xxx” indicating BC was fine, more than a month after I submitted.

Waupli

New

Post by Waupli » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:27 pm

I sent in my background check form in December and heard back in January that they needed more info (address, etc) regarding some time I spent studying and working abroad. That was kind of a pain because the place I was living didn't actually have a specific address. Other than that I haven't heard anything. Presumably that means there were no further issues because I've been receiving all the other emails about the summer. I would assume that if you haven't heard anything else about it you're good.

ghostoftraynor

Bronze

Post by ghostoftraynor » Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:24 pm

I don't remember ever getting a "clearance" email before my SA.

For what it's worth, if you went to a top school and disclosed everything, I highly doubt the firm would care about something the school didn't. I guess it's possible, but I've never heard of anyone running into a problem with this.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

strawberrieee

Bronze

Post by strawberrieee » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:24 pm

Both firms I summered at did not tell me whether I was cleared. Just assume that you are fine unless you're told otherwise.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:28 am

No new is good news in this department.

From someone on a firm's recruitment committee.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:30 am

My firm hasn't reached out to me about a backround check yet, should I be worried?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:36 am

Anonymous User wrote:My firm hasn't reached out to me about a backround check yet, should I be worried?
No, some firms don't even conduct them, or they've already done one on you.

Auxilio

Silver

Post by Auxilio » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:38 am

Mine took ages, and then I had to do it again for the best reason. I'm originally from Canada, told them my employer's name with the state of Alaska (alphabetical), and a full address that doesn't exist in Alaska and a clear description saying "Not in Alaska, located in [PLACE], no option on form" in addition to a phone number and email and they went back and forth for like 5 weeks with some company with a similar name in Alaska before complaining to me that they can't verify my employment. And then another like 2 weeks of back and forth before they told me my firm didn't pay for an international background check and I have to contact them and start from scratch.

I'm not upset that they charge a separate package for an international check, but how the fuck did it take that long to tell me.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”