Comfortable Clothes Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
hlss09

New

Comfortable Clothes

Post by hlss09 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:05 pm

Does anyone have any recommendations for comfortable clothes for a business casual or slightly dressed up style? I hate restrictive clothes, and I came from a no dress code firm, so any tips would be much appreciated. Thanks!

QContinuum

Re: Comfortable Clothes

Post by QContinuum » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:48 pm

Male or female? Business casual for men is very simple: Dress shirt, dress pants, belt, dress shoes. Optional tie or jacket (but not both) if "dressy business casual" is desired. Dress shirt can be any reasonable color (as can tie, if worn). Jacket (if worn) should be black/dark blue/gray.

hagoomata

New

Post by hagoomata » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:21 pm

This advice is assuming you still want to look good. If not it’s easy to find oversized but ugly stuff to avoid feeling restricted by your clothes. If you are male, I recommend two options for shirts. One is Bonobos. Their stretch line (forget what it’s called) feels great while still looking great if you get the right size. They have tons of size combinations; I’ve never had to have anything tailored. The other option is getting a size up in brooks brothers and then tailoring the torso and sleeves as needed. For me the end result is a very unrestricted super durable shirt that still looks pretty good.

If you want the option to do a suit without a tie, I would recommend Boglioli. A bit pricy but their suits are soft padded, very lightweight (this is really their distinguishing quality in the suiting world), great construction and fabrics, etc. Incomparable to the typical brooks brothers suit in terms of comfort.

LionelHutzJD

Silver

Post by LionelHutzJD » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:04 pm

Comfortable is defined differently for everyone. I'm comfortable in 100% wool dress pants, loafers and a white shirt with a navy blazer. Can you elaborate?
Last edited by QContinuum on Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Outed for anon abuse.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:33 pm

I wear bonobos weekday warriors every day, and about 2-4 days a week I just wear a golf shirt (Peter Millar), with a Peter Millar quarter zip over it so it's not as obvious that I'm wearing a golf shirt/short sleeves.

It's very comfortable and no one has said anything about it to me thus far... (I pretty much always wear a dress shirt on Mondays though to kickoff the week slightly more formally).

bwh8813

Bronze

Post by bwh8813 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:26 pm

Bonobos weekday warrior stretch pants are very comfortable while still looking appropriate. I've noticed more and more people (both men and women) wearing Allbirds around the office while keeping dress shoes in their closets for when necessary. Obviously, you'll have to judge based on your office what you can get away with.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”