10 vs 12 Week DOJ SLIP Internship Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
RCalifornia

New

10 vs 12 Week DOJ SLIP Internship

Post by RCalifornia » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:08 pm

I'm probably overthinking here but is there any disadvantage to choosing to work for 10 weeks instead of 12, especially when it comes to the possibility of receiving a funnel offer? Does 10 weeks look lazy or show a lack of dedication when I could have elected to work for 12 weeks? Thanks in advance.

nealric

Re: 10 vs 12 Week DOJ SLIP Internship

Post by nealric » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:10 pm

RCalifornia wrote:I'm probably overthinking here but is there any disadvantage to choosing to work for 10 weeks instead of 12, especially when it comes to the possibility of receiving a funnel offer? Does 10 weeks look lazy or show a lack of dedication when I could have elected to work for 12 weeks? Thanks in advance.
I don't think anybody will hold 10 weeks against you (especially if you have another obligation), but more face time obviously increases your chances of someone going to bat for you. Don't get too hung up on funnel offers though- when I was there they gave zero due to a hiring freeze. There's no way of knowing if that will happen again (especially with the state of Washington these days).

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”