Firms - Corporate Lateral Hiring Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Firms - Corporate Lateral Hiring

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:57 pm

It seems like occasioanlly some of the V100 goes on a crazy lateral hiring spree due to the market being hot and a need for midlevels. I think K&E was mentioned previously on here as one of them. What firms are hiring like crazy midlevels these days?

Get on laterally and they have a pretty perfect rundown.

JHP

Bronze

Re: Firms - Corporate Lateral Hiring

Post by JHP » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:09 am

Bumping. I'm curious too.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:14 pm

I know that Bay Area corporate lateral hiring is hot right now. A lot of firms are looking for bodies. Cooley just upped their internal referral bonus to $50k.

Silver

Post by 2013 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:54 pm

Do these firms consider non-corporate associates? I keep talking to recruiters and they tell me if I want to retool, I’ll have to drop below market/near-market paying firms because I’m not currently a corporate associate.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:59 pm

2013 wrote:Do these firms consider non-corporate associates? I keep talking to recruiters and they tell me if I want to retool, I’ll have to drop below market/near-market paying firms because I’m not currently a corporate associate.
Are you in a corporate-adjacent practice like exec comp or finance? Or are you in litigation? I think it'd be tough as a litigation associate to both lateral and transition from litigation to corporate. That's asking a firm who knows nothing about you to pay you as a mid-level corporate associate when you have the corporate skills of, essentially, a first-year associate. Instead of dropping down the AmLaw list, you could offer to drop a class year or two. But, then again, the lateral market is definitely best for mid-level associates (there are plenty of first-year associates to go around at this point of the year) so maybe your recruiter is right. If you're in a corporate-adjacent specialty, then I think it's a much easier sell since many of the practical skills would carry over (if not the substantive general corporate knowledge).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”