Lateral Move? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Whatislaw

Bronze

Lateral Move?

Post by Whatislaw » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:16 am

Hey TLS folks,

Here to pick your brains for thoughts on a lateral move. Any info on the following firms ranging from salary to benefits to billing requirements to bonus structure to rumors and culture are appreciated!

Friedman Mathis & Gray
Clyde & Co
Hanson Bridgett
Lewis Brisbois
Wood, Smith, Henning & Berman
Buchalter
Sidley Austin
Steptoe Johnson
Ropers Majeski
Hopkins Carley

I'm in San Francisco so if you all have suggestions on other firms to consider for litigation please let me know!

Silver

Re: Lateral Move?

Post by 2013 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:23 pm

Nothing to add, but that is a very random list of firms. Lewis Brisbois and Sidley?

SFSpartan

Silver

Post by SFSpartan » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:30 pm

I'm guessing you're looking at Bay Area litigation firms based on this list. I used to work at Ropers (corporate though), so PM me if you want more info. Just curious, what practice area are you currently in?

Whatislaw

Bronze

Post by Whatislaw » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:10 am

2013- Yea it's admittedly a little bit of an odd list. SFSpartan is right. I'm looking at Bay Area litigation firms.

I'm a litigation associate who just wrapped up 2nd year and I'm still a generalist for most part. Largely general liability with some business litigation cases and a fair bit of construction defect cases oddly enough.

Whatislaw

Bronze

Post by Whatislaw » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:27 am

SFSpartan - Could you send me a message please? The TLS account says I'm too new to start sending direct messages. I'd really appreciate any help and insight on a lateral move in the Bay Area and if you know of ideal firms to go to versus "run away" type firms.

Whatislaw

Bronze

Post by Whatislaw » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:23 am

Bump. Any additional thoughts is appreciated!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”