Firm picture Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Firm picture

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:21 pm

Hey all:

I am starting at a new firm soon and looking forward to it. Perhaps I am overthinking it...but I usually smile when I do a firm picture. However, I see most people have that stern lawyer look and they are not smiling. Am I doing it wrong? Lol.

Thanks.

RedPurpleBlue

Silver

Re: Firm picture

Post by RedPurpleBlue » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hey all:

I am starting at a new firm soon and looking forward to it. Perhaps I am overthinking it...but I usually smile when I do a firm picture. However, I see most people have that stern lawyer look and they are not smiling. Am I doing it wrong? Lol.

Thanks.
Some people just don't like their smile, like myself, and know they get more consistent results with the closed mouth double cheek raise.

objctnyrhnr

Post by objctnyrhnr » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:43 am

RedPurpleBlue wrote:

Thanks.
Some people just don't like their smile, like myself, and know they get more consistent results with the closed mouth double cheek raise.
They’ll likely give you 15 mins of opportunities so o suggest trying it all ways and seeing what works. It’s not like a high school photo where you do 4 takes that you don’t see and that’s that. You’ll be good.

RedPurpleBlue

Silver

Post by RedPurpleBlue » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:34 am

objctnyrhnr wrote:
They’ll likely give you 15 mins of opportunities so o suggest trying it all ways and seeing what works. It’s not like a high school photo where you do 4 takes that you don’t see and that’s that. You’ll be good.
This is great to hear. Thanks! I'm normally pretty shy, so I wouldn't have asked otherwise, assuming it was taboo.

kaiser

Gold

Post by kaiser » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:08 am

You are going to do a session with a professional photographer who will take you through various poses, angles, expressions, etc. Some people do better with a smile, some much better with a more serious look. They know that and will sample some of both, and quite a bit of in between. And they will show you all of your best photos so that you can choose the best one.

rcharter1978

Gold

Post by rcharter1978 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:19 am

RedPurpleBlue wrote:

Thanks.
True, everytime my sister smiles she looks like she has been kidnapped and is making a random video.

But I think a smile can be nice as long as it isn't goofy.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”