Returning to biglaw after startup? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Returning to biglaw after startup?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:40 pm

Biglaw mid-level currently. Thinking of trying out starting my own business for 2 years at least and see where things go.
If it doesn't work out, I'm hoping to come back to biglaw.
Is this a possibility? Any thoughts?
How is the startup experience viewed?

gaddockteeg

Bronze

Re: Returning to biglaw after startup?

Post by gaddockteeg » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:51 pm

Seems like it would be hard to come back. I don't see how its any different than taking two years off to raise kids or something given that its presumably unrelated to what you're doing now.

If you're start-up is successful though then that would probably be a different story.

Anonymous User

Re: Returning to biglaw after startup?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:26 pm

I agree with the person above. I think it is typically difficult to come back once you leave the firm. Think about it. Firms are getting fresh and just smart big law associates each year through OCI, etc. Unless you are bringing a client to the firm and want to come back at the same time, I think it will probably hard. Or, a partner just loves and trust you so much that she or he will take you in again once you decide to come back.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”