Lateral Move - 2nd Interview Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Lateral Move - 2nd Interview

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:40 pm

I am currently working at a small firm looking to move to a larger shop. I had an interview recently for a position at a midlaw firm. Interview was with the partner of the group where I would be assigned if hired. I personally didn't think the interview went too well. It was friendly and pretty laid back but I got the impression that the partner was looking for someone with more experience. For reference I have been at my firm for just under two years doing plaintiff's side work. Position would be on defense side but similar fields. I was surprised when the office manager reached out to schedule me to come back in. This second round would be with the office manager and was told that the same partner would want to speak meet again on that day.

Anyone have any insight on what to expect on these type of lateral move call back interviews? Both with the office manager and partner? In the initial, the majority of the questions were focused on the work that I am currently performing on a daily basis. Thanks.

objctnyrhnr

Re: Lateral Move - 2nd Interview

Post by objctnyrhnr » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:22 pm

It’ll pretty much be the same but what they’re evaluating will be a bit different. This will be more about fit than basic qualifications/competency. Without knowing more, that’s all I can tell you.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”