Negotiate National Accounting Firm Offer (not big4) Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Negotiate National Accounting Firm Offer (not big4)

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:40 pm

Hi All,
I was recently offered a tax associate position at a national accounting firm, not big4, in the NYC market for what I believe is about market salary (88k) as a post law school job.
I have a few years work experience full time doing compliance at a big bank. Do you think its wise to counter offer with 93k-95k?

This is my only offer currently although i interviewed at other accounting firms.

Thank you

hangtime813

Bronze

Re: Negotiate National Accounting Firm Offer (not big4)

Post by hangtime813 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hi All,
I was recently offered a tax associate position at a national accounting firm, not big4, in the NYC market for what I believe is about market salary (88k) as a post law school job.
I have a few years work experience full time doing compliance at a big bank. Do you think its wise to counter offer with 93k-95k?

This is my only offer currently although i interviewed at other accounting firms.

Thank you
Are you coming in as a first year associate? Were you doing tax compliance at the bank?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:44 pm

hangtime813 wrote:

Thank you
Are you coming in as a first year associate? Were you doing tax compliance at the bank?
no and no

hangtime813

Bronze

Post by hangtime813 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:53 am

Anonymous User wrote:
hangtime813 wrote:

Thank you
no and no
Doesn't hurt to try if you are coming in at other than a 1st year associate (where pay is normally not negotiable). 95 is a good opening, hopefully you will break 90 after its all said and done.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”