Private Equity Associates - Interview Question Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Tyler_Durden

New

Private Equity Associates - Interview Question

Post by Tyler_Durden » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:20 pm

Interviewing for a private equity position, but my experience is in corporate restructuring. One obvious overlap between the two areas of practice is drafting and reviewing agreements. I plan to talk about my experience drafting DIP loan agreements, unsecured creditor committee bylaws, and other documents/agreements associated with restructuring practice.

What else would you talk about on an interview with private equity partners??

ruski

Bronze

Re: Private Equity Associates - Interview Question

Post by ruski » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:57 pm

Tyler_Durden wrote:Interviewing for a private equity position, but my experience is in corporate restructuring. One obvious overlap between the two areas of practice is drafting and reviewing agreements. I plan to talk about my experience drafting DIP loan agreements, unsecured creditor committee bylaws, and other documents/agreements associated with restructuring practice.

I assume you mean PE M&A and not fund formation. in either event, your background doesn't sound relevant at all. Are you a junior trying to change practice groups? I think that should be your story. have you done any 363 sales or other asset sales in the bk context? That may be more relevant

eastcoast_iub

Bronze

Post by eastcoast_iub » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:14 pm

Tell them you are used to constant firedrills and are eager for even more of the same.

Tyler_Durden

New

Post by Tyler_Durden » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:01 pm

ruski wrote:
Tyler_Durden wrote:Interviewing for a private equity position, but my experience is in corporate restructuring. One obvious overlap between the two areas of practice is drafting and reviewing agreements. I plan to talk about my experience drafting DIP loan agreements, unsecured creditor committee bylaws, and other documents/agreements associated with restructuring practice.

I assume you mean PE M&A and not fund formation. in either event, your background doesn't sound relevant at all. Are you a junior trying to change practice groups? I think that should be your story. have you done any 363 sales or other asset sales in the bk context? That may be more relevant
Yes to both questions

Tyler_Durden

New

Post by Tyler_Durden » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:12 pm

eastcoast_iub wrote:Tell them you are used to constant firedrills and are eager for even more of the same.
Possibly the first reply on TLS that actually made me LOL. Congrats.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”