Callback Question Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Callback Question

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:08 pm

I recently had a callback at a large firm for an associate position in which I interviewed with 8 members of the firm, including lunch with a few of the associates. During lunch, I couldn't help but notice that the associates continuously mentioned how difficult their job is, and they seemed to almost be trying to intimidate me. We talked about other things too like the local towns and the nice areas to live, but I couldn't help but find it strange how they approached me regarding their job responsibilities.

Is this an indication that I'm likely to get the job and they're just sort of hazing me or, if not, what do you make of this somewhat strange lunch conversation?

Anonymous User

Re: Callback Question

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:18 pm

We as associates never know who is getting an offer during the callback lunch. You probably just had bad associates who are burned out. Sorry to rain on your parade, but it isn’t a positive or negative sign. It’s neutral.

I’ve had these lunches where I forgot about them last minute and was really frustrated, and my frustrations have gotten out before.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”