Any recommendation for H1B lawyer? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Any recommendation for H1B lawyer?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:44 pm

My firm hire a immigration firm to handle the h1b application process for new foreign associates, but I've heard multiple bad comments about the immigration firm we are using and they seem to be really unreliable.

I'm thinking about hiring my own immigration lawyer to double check my application filing. I am not sure if anyone on TLS has tried this and I am looking for any advice on how to approach this issue/find good h1b lawyer.

Anonymous User

Re: Any recommendation for H1B lawyer?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:47 pm

I've heard good things about Fragomen and my v10 uses them. Not sure what their rates are for individual clients though.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:21 pm

I would also recommend Fragomen.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:39 pm

OP here
Thanks for the recommendation, I will definitely consider this firm.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:29 pm

Used to work at Fragomen - H1Bs from the ground up for individual clients will run you a few thousand (under 2000 for firm clients, higher for individuals). I'm clearly biased, but Fragomen has a good track record with petition success and typically responds to emails quickly. Also, I've seen some of the H1B petitions handled by other firms when Fragomen picks up a new client firm, and (again, I used to work here, so take what you will from this) I really believe that Fragomen just has a higher standard for its work - and H1Bs generally are its bread and butter.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”