2L Still job hunting? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

2L Still job hunting?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:30 pm

Struck out at OCI. Mass mailed for 2-3 weeks and have recently lost hope. I'm below median at a T14 and don't really know what to do at this point. Any advice, or success stories of picking up a job this late into the semester would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous User

Re: 2L Still job hunting?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:54 pm

i'm at GULC (transfer- so seen as a median in the eyes of some firms), and just got 2 callbacks next week, and had 2 last week. I got one of them literally an hour ago. I've been mass mailing for a good month and got 0 responses until the last few weeks- if anything i would say right now is the best time. Keep MM and keep hustling

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:05 pm

also GULC transfer also struck out, but have a callback next week and have been MMing. This very much sucks

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:11 pm

Keep going. I just got an offer. You kind of have to sacrifice a lot of your school time (I know it sucks. Especially because other people had offers before school started). But keep networking and mailing. There are still some scraps you can pick up. Get used to hearing no.

Edit: Also, alot of large boutiques or big law with specialized jobs are looking now.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Keep going. I just got an offer. You kind of have to sacrifice a lot of your school time (I know it sucks. Especially because other people had offers before school started). But keep networking and mailing. There are still some scraps you can pick up. Get used to hearing no.

Edit: Also, alot of large boutiques or big law with specialized jobs are looking now.
What exactly do you mean by the specialized jobs? Are you talking about big law hiring for specific practice groups?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Keep going. I just got an offer. You kind of have to sacrifice a lot of your school time (I know it sucks. Especially because other people had offers before school started). But keep networking and mailing. There are still some scraps you can pick up. Get used to hearing no.

edit: accidental double post

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:22 pm

What kind of firm did you get your offer from? Location? Thanks

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

What exactly do you mean by the specialized jobs? Are you talking about big law hiring for specific practice groups?
Sorry. My bad. Yeah, big law in specific practice groups. If you've shown demonstrated interest in a specific practice area (for me it was a summer job in employment law), they might be more willing to overlook lower than average grades.
Anonymous User wrote:What kind of firm did you get your offer from? Location? Thanks
I'd rather stay away from naming a location. However, I will say a large employment firm.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”