Morgan Lewis Princeton Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Morgan Lewis Princeton

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:45 pm

I had/ve a CB with Morgan Lewis in their Princeton, NJ office. How is the office? Is it mostly corporate work there? What are they good at? What's their primary focus? Is it easy to move to a different office? What about culture/lifestyle/nightlife (in Princeton)?

Any advice will help! Thank you in advance!

Anonymous User

Re: Morgan Lewis Princeton

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:05 am

Anonymous User wrote:What about culture/lifestyle/nightlife (in Princeton)?
I would describe Princeton as "pleasant." Quiet, a touch of stuffy, a smaller touch of artsy, a lot of places where you would go for brunch, nice for a stroll on a Sunday. I am not aware of any appreciable nightlife in Princeton. Someone in their mid-30's would appreciate it more than someone in their mid-20's. But everything in NJ is so close together that a lot of Central Jersey folks go to places like Hoboken/JC, New Brunswick, even down the shore in Asbury/Belmar/etc. (and NYC and Philly of course).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:15 am

Grew up in the area so can tell you anything you want about the area itself, though not much about MLB's office there. Princeton is complete garbage if you don't go to the university. There's a decent microbrewery (Triumph), two half decent cocktail bars (Agricola and Yankee Doodle), a bar that does trivia (Ivy Inn), and.... That's pretty much it. No place to dance, no singles/hook up bars, etc. Above poster is right about having to go to other towns for a good nightlife, but none of those towns are close enough that it's feasible if you care about a vibrant nightlife. New Brunswick is 30 min away, beach towns are 45 min, Hoboken/JC are an hour.
Also keep in mind that the Uber network is so undeveloped that it'll be a gigantic pain in the ass getting to and from any of those places if you're planning on drinking. So if you move to the area meet some good DDs or prepare to drink and drive.

As far as culture, the area immediately surrounding that office is economically diverse so it depends where you are. Princeton Township is full of students who kind of have their own thing going and pretentious cunt townies who think they're better than everyone else because they exist in the same town as said students. Hamilton is full of salt of the earth blue collar low-key racists. Lawrenceville is a slightly diluted version of that. West Windsor is a great place to raise kids but otherwise completely useless. Nothing exists in Monroe. Trenton is basically Aleppo with more gunfire.

If you're moving to the area and a 20-something recent law grad you're in for a rough time socially. But I guess if you live in Lawrenceville it's pretty cheap, especially with a biglaw salary.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Grew up in the area so can tell you anything you want about the area itself, though not much about MLB's office there. Princeton is complete garbage if you don't go to the university. There's a decent microbrewery (Triumph), two half decent cocktail bars (Agricola and Yankee Doodle), a bar that does trivia (Ivy Inn), and.... That's pretty much it. No place to dance, no singles/hook up bars, etc. Above poster is right about having to go to other towns for a good nightlife, but none of those towns are close enough that it's feasible if you care about a vibrant nightlife. New Brunswick is 30 min away, beach towns are 45 min, Hoboken/JC are an hour.
Also keep in mind that the Uber network is so undeveloped that it'll be a gigantic pain in the ass getting to and from any of those places if you're planning on drinking. So if you move to the area meet some good DDs or prepare to drink and drive.

As far as culture, the area immediately surrounding that office is economically diverse so it depends where you are. Princeton Township is full of students who kind of have their own thing going and pretentious cunt townies who think they're better than everyone else because they exist in the same town as said students. Hamilton is full of salt of the earth blue collar low-key racists. Lawrenceville is a slightly diluted version of that. West Windsor is a great place to raise kids but otherwise completely useless. Nothing exists in Monroe. Trenton is basically Aleppo with more gunfire.

If you're moving to the area and a 20-something recent law grad you're in for a rough time socially. But I guess if you live in Lawrenceville it's pretty cheap, especially with a biglaw salary.
Thank you for your in-depth response. It's very helpful! How is the Asian population there (not including the Princeton students)? I'm considering Princeton, but I def don't want to live there if I'm gonna be the only Asian kid walking down the street.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:01 am

Anonymous User wrote:I had/ve a CB with Morgan Lewis in their Princeton, NJ office. How is the office? Is it mostly corporate work there? What are they good at? What's their primary focus? Is it easy to move to a different office? What about culture/lifestyle/nightlife (in Princeton)?

Any advice will help! Thank you in advance!
I recently had a screener phone call interview for the labor and employment practice group. Did you also have a phone interview before receiving the callback, and if so, how long was the wait before you heard from them after the phone interview?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”