Is Milbank good for litigation? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Is Milbank good for litigation?

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:23 pm

Trying to choose between firms, and I'm particularly drawn to the people at Milbank. However, I really want to do litigation, and I know that Milbank is known for project finance, not lit. Would going to Milbank limit my career as a litigator? Also, I'm interested in their smaller office (about 35 people, ~6 partners), and am wondering if the tiny office size would limit my options in lit. Thanks all!!

(note: the other firms are V10-V30 and have larger lit departments, but I really didn't feel like I clicked with them)

Anonymous User

Re: Is Milbank good for litigation?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:54 am

Bump

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:28 am

Go to Chambers and Partners and check Milbank’s rankings in various types of litigation. There’s your answer. Milbank is still ranked in elite bands - seems good to me.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:44 am

Anonymous User wrote:Go to Chambers and Partners and check Milbank’s rankings in various types of litigation. There’s your answer. Milbank is still ranked in elite bands - seems good to me.
How does being in a smaller non-ny office affect this?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Go to Chambers and Partners and check Milbank’s rankings in various types of litigation. There’s your answer. Milbank is still ranked in elite bands - seems good to me.
How does being in a smaller non-ny office affect this?
Milbank D.C. is pretty decent for litigation, although the market is just so saturated. Milbank LA not so much.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”