Seyfarth Chicago v. More traditional firm Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Seyfarth Chicago v. More traditional firm

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:56 pm

I received offers from Seyfarth and a few other firms (lateral, not 2L). I know Seyfarth is below market in comp, which is why I’m not sure I would consider it over the other firms. I work in employment, so, Seyfarth seems like a good option.

But, I can’t get over Seyfarth paying a junior/midlevel roughly $30,000 (or more) less market paying firms (before bonus).

Is the firm more laid back and humane? I know they fired like 40 attorneys last year out of the blue.

Is the culture so much better than a “higher ranked” full-service market firm that it is worth the decreased income potential?

Anonymous User

Re: Seyfarth Chicago v. More traditional firm

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:10 pm

Bump

Anonymous User

Re: Seyfarth Chicago v. More traditional firm

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:50 am

Seyfarth's labor and employment practice is a powerhouse and you'll always be busy with work and more likely to be continue to be employed by the firm

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”