Should I contact firms to amend SA application? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Should I contact firms to amend SA application?

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:38 pm

I transferred to School A with the intention of going there and submitted a few summer associate applications directly through the firms' websites with both my original school and School A listed on my resume, at the recommendation of School A's career office. Now, a week later, I've been accepted to School B and will be withdrawing from School A and transferring to School B instead, having never taken a class at School A and only having paid my deposit. Should I contact these firms and withdraw my applications? or send them updated materials? or do nothing? Thank you.

hoos89

Gold

Re: Should I contact firms to amend SA application?

Post by hoos89 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:21 pm

Just send an updated resume via e-mail to the recruiting contact on NALP and explain that you decided to transfer to School B instead of School A and that you're still interested in working there. Keep your original school on the resume though.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”