Quinn Emanuel Partner Loss Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Quinn Emanuel Partner Loss

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:57 pm

I currently have a Quinn offer. I interviewed with Quinn last year for OCI, got a callback, really liked the firm, but didn't get an offer. I got an offer from a V20 firm and summered with them, and then reapplied to Quinn and got an offer this summer.

I want to accept it, but I'm wondering if I should be putting more weight on all of the partners they've lost recently. I'm not just talking Selendy Gay, but also things like the 18 attorney loss to Dechert recently. Am I putting too much thought into this?

dixiecup

New

Re: Quinn Emanuel Partner Loss

Post by dixiecup » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:38 pm

I just googled and read about this. It looks like the partners were doing toxic torts? Did you dream of doing that? :p.

https://abovethelaw.com/2018/07/18-atto ... f-dechert/

BrainsyK

Bronze

Post by BrainsyK » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:05 pm

Quinn will remain a solid firm for while.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:20 am

The two groups that have left, one is products liability/mass tort, which is a niche area, the other are the folks who did a lot of the very profitable RMBS litigation over the past decade but which is now winding down. Unless you start to see core defections in their IP litigation, commercial or bankruptcy practices, I would not worry. Quinn occupies a very lucrative spot in the biglaw market (a biglaw firm primarily focused on litigation when most top firms have corporate heavy practices) and is not likely to fall apart soon just due to the sheer profitability of the firm.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:45 pm

Would you mind sharing the timing between screener/CB/offer?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Would you mind sharing the timing between screener/CB/offer?
This summer was no screener, offer day after callback.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:The two groups that have left, one is products liability/mass tort, which is a niche area, the other are the folks who did a lot of the very profitable RMBS litigation over the past decade but which is now winding down. Unless you start to see core defections in their IP litigation, commercial or bankruptcy practices, I would not worry. Quinn occupies a very lucrative spot in the biglaw market (a biglaw firm primarily focused on litigation when most top firms have corporate heavy practices) and is not likely to fall apart soon just due to the sheer profitability of the firm.
Thanks for your response. Makes a lot of sense, and what I was hoping to hear when I posted.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Would you mind sharing the timing between screener/CB/offer?
This summer was no screener, offer day after callback.
Thanks.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”