How to take a Couple Days off to Interview Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

How to take a Couple Days off to Interview

Post by Anonymous User » Mon May 14, 2018 9:16 pm

I have a couple of in-house interviews that I'm lining up next week on another coast. One of the opportunities has been really upfront about how excited they are to meet me, so I feel like I have a good shot there. I'm gonna be out of pocket for 2 days though for these. Any thoughts on how to approach with the partners I work for? I feel like anything I say is probably gonna be pretty obvious. But I feel like it's also pretty unlikely I get fired for doing in-house interviews, although I'd be willing to stay at my firm another year or 2 if I can't find anything I'm really excited about so I'd prefer not to burn any bridges needlessly.

s1m4

Bronze

Re: How to take a Couple Days off to Interview

Post by s1m4 » Tue May 15, 2018 2:40 am

Anonymous User wrote:I have a couple of in-house interviews that I'm lining up next week on another coast. One of the opportunities has been really upfront about how excited they are to meet me, so I feel like I have a good shot there. I'm gonna be out of pocket for 2 days though for these. Any thoughts on how to approach with the partners I work for? I feel like anything I say is probably gonna be pretty obvious. But I feel like it's also pretty unlikely I get fired for doing in-house interviews, although I'd be willing to stay at my firm another year or 2 if I can't find anything I'm really excited about so I'd prefer not to burn any bridges needlessly.
Can you say you got destroyed by a horrible flu and are trying to get better, so are out of pocket?

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Tue May 15, 2018 5:34 am

Just take the time off. Don’t give a reason, just request 2 days.

1styearlateral

Silver

Post by 1styearlateral » Tue May 15, 2018 11:21 am

Do you not get vacation time?

shock259

Gold

Post by shock259 » Tue May 15, 2018 11:51 am

Just say you are taking a trip to the other coast and that you'll be traveling around, thus out of pocket.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”