Document Review for DUMMIES Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Document Review for DUMMIES

Post by Anonymous User » Wed May 09, 2018 12:18 pm

Needing to pay the bills while looking for a full time option, I signed up with a doc review company. I will probably be staffed on an upcoming project and am completely clueless as to the process itself. I've done plenty of hard copy doc review and general electronic review (not using ediscovery software) working on litigation matters - but these were all substantive in that I was never doing relevant/responsive/privileged etc but rather looking for ways to prove our case.

Anyone here care to enlighten me as to the process? Is there an outline or list provided based on the project of what would be privileged or is this all based on what I remember from ethics class :shock: Do we get a list of what would be responsive and or relevant based on keywords/topics document types or do we get a digest of the case and we need to make our own decisions?

Any other helpful info for a newbie would be greatly appreciated - I don't want to come in and spend 2 days asking questions on site and hope to be staffed on other upcoming projects as well.....

THANKS!

Vianco

New

Re: Document Review for DUMMIES

Post by Vianco » Wed May 09, 2018 2:04 pm

Check out Areyouinsane's posts for insight on the process.

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 3&t=157855

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed May 09, 2018 2:17 pm

You seem to have a pretty good idea on the process already. You won’t need to know anything you learned in law school for doc review. In my first and only doc review experience, they gave us an overview of the case, and a small binder with information on what topics and keywords were relevant and how to “code” them (i.e., based on topic, relevancy, privilege, etc.), and what to flag as a significant finding. You’ll probably go through a ton of stuff before you find something relevant that you’ll then code accordingly. For my project, they cared about how fast and accurate you were so that’s something to keep in mind. You’ll be fine.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed May 09, 2018 5:58 pm

Thank you both. As to the other thread with details - don't know if to laugh or cry :lol:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”