Am I being ghosted by an international firm for 1L SA?
Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:51 pm
1L here. International firm in Asia (not a US-based firm) reached out to me 16 days ago with an offer for an internship. They asked for my availability. I responded that day with the dates I will be available this summer. I basically said that I am pumped (but didn't actually accept—they said they'd send me more info like salary/wage + how the visa works once I got back to them). Radio silence since then. I even sent a follow-up a few days ago (Sunday) and still have not heard anything back. My career services advisor said that they only advertised this job at my law school and that none of the other students at my school have heard back from them as far as the career services office knows. My advisor seems pretty optimistic that the firm is just handling stuff and isn't ignoring me on purpose...
This is my #1 choice for a summer job since it would be cool to get firm work, be abroad, and it's pretty much my last shot at even a meager wage since I struck out at US firms. I need to tell the other positions that have sent me offers whether or not I will accept theirs soon. My intuition tells me to be worried and to keep applying/interviewing to other jobs in case this doesn't work out, but that would be a huge waste of time if I am just being paranoid.
Should I email them a third time in a row and just tell them that I'm ready to accept? Should I keep waiting? If so, how long do I wait? Thanks.
This is my #1 choice for a summer job since it would be cool to get firm work, be abroad, and it's pretty much my last shot at even a meager wage since I struck out at US firms. I need to tell the other positions that have sent me offers whether or not I will accept theirs soon. My intuition tells me to be worried and to keep applying/interviewing to other jobs in case this doesn't work out, but that would be a huge waste of time if I am just being paranoid.
Should I email them a third time in a row and just tell them that I'm ready to accept? Should I keep waiting? If so, how long do I wait? Thanks.