Hate your law job? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Hate your law job?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:29 am

Anyone hating their job? Perhaps it’s your boss or the work environment? How are you handling it?

Anonymous User

Re: Hate your law job?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:17 pm

I’m with you. Deeply depressed and feeling like I wasted my entire 20s and over $200k trying to get this job, which makes me hate my life. Trying to find one that I won’t hate. Seriously considering quitting without a legal backup job because of the daily misery—have even considered working at Target or the public library or something similar.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:27 pm

Fourth year. I hate it. It’s the bosses, hours (not even crazy by TLS/biglaw standards), constant anxiety about emails/hours, and most importantly the meaningless drudgery that is my particular area of corporate.

Unfortunately I still have a lot of debt left, so I’m trying to at least broaden my experience so I can leave this shitty profession for something better.

umichman

Bronze

Post by umichman » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Fourth year. I hate it. It’s the bosses, hours (not even crazy by TLS/biglaw standards), constant anxiety about emails/hours, and most importantly the meaningless drudgery that is my particular area of corporate.

Unfortunately I still have a lot of debt left, so I’m trying to at least broaden my experience so I can leave this shitty profession for something better.
What is you particular area of corporate if you don’t mind me asking

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:44 pm

Also a fourth year. The particular area I'm in is super strict and any tiny mistake can result in a malpractice lawsuit. Take that, the hours and the generally non-supervising boss = tons of stress.

Also compensation is dismal.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”