Typical application timeline? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Typical application timeline?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:36 pm

Just wondering how long it usually takes to hear back regarding a 1L summer internship...

I've applied to a few non-firm opportunities, with good grades from a t14, and haven't heard back. Just wondering what a relatively typical hiring timeline looks like - do places usually get back to you in one week? Two weeks? I know there's no set standard, but I'm starting to get a little paranoid that I haven't had anyone follow up with me.

Anonymous User

Re: Typical application timeline?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Just wondering how long it usually takes to hear back regarding a 1L summer internship...

I've applied to a few non-firm opportunities, with good grades from a t14, and haven't heard back. Just wondering what a relatively typical hiring timeline looks like - do places usually get back to you in one week? Two weeks? I know there's no set standard, but I'm starting to get a little paranoid that I haven't had anyone follow up with me.
Bump

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Just wondering how long it usually takes to hear back regarding a 1L summer internship...

Bump

ltbenn

Bronze

Post by ltbenn » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Bump
There is no timeline, there are no rules. 1L summer jobs are very unpredictable — I had one place call me to schedule an interview an hour after I emailed them my materials (didn’t get the job), and another place that didn’t get back to me until two months after my second interview (in those two months they posted the job on indeed.com when it had previously only been advertised elsewhere — and that’s the job I ended up doing.)

Keep applying until you have an offer that you’re willing to accept. It sucks, takes much longer than the 2L oci process... but the upside is that it matters a lot less. Hang in there!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”