Premature transcript request? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Premature transcript request?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:16 pm

Went to a 1L firm reception recently. They are not taking 1Ls this year, but requested a first-semester transcript as soon as available for 2L purposes (both in person and in follow-up call). Isn't this premature? I have committed to another firm for 1L summer.

RedGiant

Re: Premature transcript request?

Post by RedGiant » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:36 pm

No. What they are saying is that they really like you and want to lock you up pre-OCI for 2L summer. They are offering you a screening prior to the rush for good candidates. This is not "premature." If you like the firm and might want to work there 2L, send them your transcripts as asked.

Protip: If a firm is interested in you AND you are interested in them, their interest in you is a good thing!

floatie

Silver

Post by floatie » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:41 pm

Not at all - that's a good sign. Forward your transcript as soon as possible - no need to burn bridges at this point

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat May 05, 2018 9:40 pm

OP here. Quick follow-up question. Said firm encouraged me to visit next time I am in town. I will be there the week after finals.

I sent an email a month out from when I'll be there. Never heard back. Should I just call them direct the week I'm there (2-3 days in advance)?

HYS above median and they were complimentary about grades, so I'm just trying to assess how much lead time they really need when I follow up.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”