2L Grade Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

2L Grade

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:37 pm

I just got a C+ for the fall semester of 2L. Should I be worried about my SA offer being revoked? I have an option of converting it to Pass/Fail; should I do it? Will my firm ask about this Pass?

Mullens

Silver

Re: 2L Grade

Post by Mullens » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:47 pm

Being no-offered for grades is usually just a pretext for being no-offered for other reasons like bad work product, your behavior as a summer or due to the firms financial health.

That said, a pass looks way better than a C+ and you should probably convert it

foregetaboutdre

Bronze

Post by foregetaboutdre » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I just got a C+ for the fall semester of 2L. Should I be worried about my SA offer being revoked? I have an option of converting it to Pass/Fail; should I do it? Will my firm ask about this Pass?
convert it to a pass. no one will care about one pass on a transcript and some may even assume that the class could only be P/F if it was an elective.

try not to get a C+ again (but i don't think a single c+ = offer revoked) it does look kindve shitty esp. if you are at t14/t1 school that does not give out many c's

jacketyellow

Bronze

Post by jacketyellow » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I just got a C+ for the fall semester of 2L. Should I be worried about my SA offer being revoked? I have an option of converting it to Pass/Fail; should I do it? Will my firm ask about this Pass?
I received two C+s in the same semester of my 2L year, and then received a C+ in my 3L year. I am sitting here at my desk, making 6 figures right now.

Platinum

Post by 2014 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:56 pm

Firm won't care, take the pass anyway unless you are saving it for some reason

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Lesion of Doom

Bronze

Post by Lesion of Doom » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:38 am

I'm taking a P/F class this semester. I doubt anyone will assume you got a bad grade if you convert.

Calbears123

Bronze

Post by Calbears123 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:46 am

I got a C+ in 2 credit paper class my 2l year (Guess the prof cared about attendance...I never went). No one asked about it during my SA and was offered.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”