1L SA Thread - C/O 2020 Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: 1L SA Thread - C/O 2020

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I also got a ding today lmfao...Is anyone still waiting on Kirkland 1L LCLD? For like split with verizon/accenture/BMY etc?
I'm waiting, are you?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:MOFO SF. Did a screener interview. No update by email. But their website says my application status is "application on file for future consideration." I guess that means ding, no?
They had their in-person interviews last month and gave a few offers ~3 weeks ago so I would not hold out hope. =/

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:05 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:MOFO SF. Did a screener interview. No update by email. But their website says my application status is "application on file for future consideration." I guess that means ding, no?
They had their in-person interviews last month and gave a few offers ~3 weeks ago so I would not hold out hope. =/
Has anyone heard from them recently? I'm assuming they're just wrapping up everything at this point with people they've already interviewed.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:53 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:For those that have received post CB invites to Latham’s diversity conference but haven’t received offers yet, does this mean we’re out of the running for the 1L positions?
+1 on this. my feeling is that since they only have 1-2 1L positions for each office, offers have likely already gone out. we might have a chance if anyone declines their offer and they start going down the list, but for now it seems bleak..
has anyone received an offer from latham yet??
I haven't heard of anyone, but since it's such a small class, they might not be active on TLS/I likely don't know them. Anyone else hear anything?
someone I know got an offer from their NY office last week.
Can you tell us school or tier and whether they are accepting? Thanks!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:44 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I also got a ding today lmfao...Is anyone still waiting on Kirkland 1L LCLD? For like split with verizon/accenture/BMY etc?
I'm waiting, are you?
Not OP but waiting +1. I cb-ed with NY - its been a while. Last year Kirkland took 3 from HLS - not sure if they are going to stick with HYS this year as well...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:17 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
I'm waiting, are you?
Not OP but waiting +1. I cb-ed with NY - its been a while. Last year Kirkland took 3 from HLS - not sure if they are going to stick with HYS this year as well...
LOL oh :? did you get any info about turnaround/timelines?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:54 am

Anyone CB with Venable LA?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone CB with Venable LA?
Been ghosted and no one responded to my follow up email last week...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
I'm waiting, are you?
LOL oh :? did you get any info about turnaround/timelines?
Not OP (x2) - was told decisions will be made this week, but I believe that was for non LCLD positions.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone CB with Venable LA?
Been ghosted and no one responded to my follow up email last week...
Did you do a screener or no interview?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:25 pm

PR LA ding

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:35 pm

Heard all Latham offers have gone out. I haven't received a formal ding yet but pretty sure it's coming. Still worth it to go to their diversity weekend if I'm not working for them this summer and don't really want to as a 2L?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Heard all Latham offers have gone out. I haven't received a formal ding yet but pretty sure it's coming. Still worth it to go to their diversity weekend if I'm not working for them this summer and don't really want to as a 2L?
How do you know this?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Heard all Latham offers have gone out. I haven't received a formal ding yet but pretty sure it's coming. Still worth it to go to their diversity weekend if I'm not working for them this summer and don't really want to as a 2L?
I know someone who got a request for a phone interview from them today so not sure if this is true

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
I know someone who got a request for a phone interview from them today so not sure if this is true
For New York? pretty sure they've made offers to everyone already

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Not NY.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Not NY.
NY office done

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Not NY.
NY office done
Any insight into the other offices?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Not NY.
NY office done
Any insight into the other offices?
Had a screener with the OC office earlier this week, got invited for a CB that same day.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:22 pm

Yes. It’s all expenses paid and a great networking opportunity. You never know who you will meet that could help you reach your goals, even if at another firm.

Gamble2

New

Post by Gamble2 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:47 pm

I got my shit rocked with ding after ding. FML.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:52 pm

Gamble2 wrote:I got my shit rocked with ding after ding. FML.
Sorry to hear, though it's such a shitshow for these diversity programs. Much less about merit and much more about whether you're the right type of "diversity" they're looking for. They've literally got boxes to check off, rank stack candidates for each of those boxes, and go on to the next "diversity type fit" candidate on the list if one turns them down. So it's all bullshit really and dings do not reflect your inherent ability. Honestly, now that I know how law firms hire, if I were hiring law firms I would look carefully at their junior associates to make sure they're worth they're billable hours.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Yes. It’s all expenses paid and a great networking opportunity. You never know who you will meet that could help you reach your goals, even if at another firm.
But I'm so salty they rejected me and accepted someone else I know who's so much less qualified

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:38 am

Wondering how many people got picked to go to Latham's diversity conference. Kirkland also has one but it seems like only 20-30 people were picked

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:32 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
But I'm so salty they rejected me and accepted someone else I know who's so much less qualified
What makes them less qualified?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”