Crowdsourcing: Anyone Know How I Might Reach Minimum? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
SplitMyPants

Gold

Re: Crowdsourcing: Anyone Know How I Might Reach Minimum?

Post by SplitMyPants » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:29 pm

cron1834 wrote:Still good, but the gap between that ten year and what Common Bond quotes me has shrunk...
Ya for sure. The jump from 7 to 10 year now goes up by 0.8% instead of 0.25%...

I knew these rates were too good to be true with the fed raising their rates, but I was hopeful I could sneak in this summer after getting some liquid savings before they raised them.... no such luck.
Looks like 7-year it is

cron1834

Gold

Post by cron1834 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:35 pm

SplitMyPants wrote:
cron1834 wrote:Still good, but the gap between that ten year and what Common Bond quotes me has shrunk...

I knew these rates were too good to be true with the fed raising their rates, but I was hopeful I could sneak in this summer after getting some liquid savings before they raised them.... no such luck.
Looks like 7-year it is
I’d have to change my saving habits considerably to get a lump for that 15%, lmao. At this point I’m leaning towards just going with CB and continuing to dump as much as I can into 401k.

SplitMyPants

Gold

Post by SplitMyPants » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:12 pm

cron1834 wrote:
SplitMyPants wrote:

Looks like 7-year it is
I’d have to change my saving habits considerably to get a lump for that 15%, lmao. At this point I’m leaning towards just going with CB and continuing to dump as much as I can into 401k.
Ah, ya that makes sense. My firm doesn’t offer 401k until second year so it’s a bit easier for me as this is basically my only savings rn

cron1834

Gold

Post by cron1834 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:50 pm

To be clear we don’t get a match. But yeah, at least it’s earning something while it’s in there.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”