Lateral - Bar Admission Question Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Lateral - Bar Admission Question

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:26 am

NYC corporate associate. Just landed a position in another market and will need to take the bar there (current firm doesn't have an office in that jurisdiction). Deadline to register for that bar is fast-approaching and the application requires that my current employer provide an affidavit attesting to my good moral character. I don't plan to notify my employer until bonus is paid out after New Year's. Currently running this to ground but wanted to see if anyone on this board had encountered this issue previously and if so, how they dealt with it.

TYIA!

Anonymous User

Re: Lateral - Bar Admission Question

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:25 pm

Bump...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:56 pm

Contact your application handler at the new jurisdiction's Board of Admissions. When I lateralled to Illinois and needed to keep my bonus, the Board allowed me to get employment verification from my old employer after I gave notice.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Contact your application handler at the new jurisdiction's Board of Admissions. When I lateralled to Illinois and needed to keep my bonus, the Board allowed me to get employment verification from my old employer after I gave notice.
that did the trick. thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”