Staying fit Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
encore1101

Silver

Re: Staying fit

Post by encore1101 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:52 am

I'm so glad I work in a gubberment job that has a gym downstairs. That's such an underrated perk.

AspiringAspirant

New

Post by AspiringAspirant » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:26 am

Vursz wrote:Work 9:30-8. Wake up every morning at 7:30 and spend an hour running and doing calisthenics. Combine with pretty disciplined caloric restriction (2000/day except for special occasions) and I've stayed slim indefinitely (I'm 6'2" and 155).

Haven't missed a day of working out since college (going on 5 years this November). It's a point of pride.
That tall and only 155? Sheesh, idk if I would enjoy being that skinny. But major props to your dedication

sparty99

Gold

Post by sparty99 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:28 am

AspiringAspirant wrote:
Vursz wrote:Work 9:30-8. Wake up every morning at 7:30 and spend an hour running and doing calisthenics. Combine with pretty disciplined caloric restriction (2000/day except for special occasions) and I've stayed slim indefinitely (I'm 6'2" and 155).

Haven't missed a day of working out since college (going on 5 years this November). It's a point of pride.
That tall and only 155? Sheesh, idk if I would enjoy being that skinny. But major props to your dedication
Yeah, you need to add some weight.

Mr. Peanutbutter

Diamond

Post by Mr. Peanutbutter » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:32 am

Anonymous User wrote:
AspiringAspirant wrote:

Yeah, you need to add some weight.
Brave

se7en

New

Post by se7en » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:54 pm

emkay625 wrote:Also no idea what city you live in, but if you're commuting on a bus/train/subway, change into running clothes before you leave the office each day. Get off a few stops early and jog the rest of the way home.
What do you do with your suit? Put it in a backpack?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:59 pm

Leave it at work, presumably, or drop it at the dry cleaners.

Damage Over Time

Silver

Post by Damage Over Time » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:02 pm

emkay625 wrote:This is not a total replacement but it helps: keep a set of dumbbells in your office. On a conference call where you're not super active/just taking notes, shut your door, pull them out and do a couple of reps.
Having trouble imagining a legitimate exercise you could do like this. Do you lie down on your desk and bench?

Nebby

Diamond

Post by Nebby » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:03 pm

se7en wrote:
emkay625 wrote:Also no idea what city you live in, but if you're commuting on a bus/train/subway, change into running clothes before you leave the office each day. Get off a few stops early and jog the rest of the way home.
What if you don't wear a suit to work every day?

se7en

New

Post by se7en » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:54 pm

Nebby wrote:
se7en wrote:
Theoretically, you are probably still wearing some kind of work attire, like slacks and a nice shirt, and maybe loafers and a blazer - you still need to switch into separate work attire. Its also difficult to leave it at the office because then you have more and more piles of clothes accumulating there :(

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

se7en

New

Post by se7en » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:55 pm

Damage Over Time wrote:
emkay625 wrote:This is not a total replacement but it helps: keep a set of dumbbells in your office. On a conference call where you're not super active/just taking notes, shut your door, pull them out and do a couple of reps.
Having trouble imagining a legitimate exercise you could do like this. Do you lie down on your desk and bench?
Standing shoulder press.

TEIAM

Bronze

Post by TEIAM » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:58 pm

se7en wrote:
Damage Over Time wrote:
Standing shoulder press.
You can also do presses with exercise bands wrapped around the back of your chair.

Nebby

Diamond

Post by Nebby » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:00 pm

se7en wrote:
Nebby wrote:
se7en wrote:
Theoretically, you are probably still wearing some kind of work attire, like slacks and a nice shirt, and maybe loafers and a blazer - you still need to switch into separate work attire. Its also difficult to leave it at the office because then you have more and more piles of clothes accumulating there :(
I can't believe I have to walk you through this. Roll your pants so they don't wrinkle. Put the shoes and shirt in the bag. Don't wear a jacket on days you're planning on running home.

Like, this is not hard to think of how it's possible. It's probably more difficult to do in the winter, but where there is a will there is a way, my friend.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”