Tax LLM doing a BK clerkship? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Tax LLM doing a BK clerkship?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:06 pm

Not sure if this should be in the clerkship forum, but the general idea of my post is more about long-term career prospects so I figured it might go here instead.

Tax LLM student fresh from my JD program still waiting on bar results. Interviewing with accounting firms right now but obviously not heard anything yet as OCI just happened. My JD transcript/resume indicate an interest in tax, and my tax grades are pretty good (not stellar). Another class I got an A in was Bankruptcy, and it's the other area of law besides Tax I've really been interested in, but I have no BK work experience.

My question is this: If I pursue a Bankruptcy clerkship, does that put me in a weird place for future employment? Tax clerkships are obviously... hard to come by, and I can't compete with most NYU/GULC people, so not holding out hope there. I am just wondering if doing a Tax LLM > Bankruptcy clerkship will make people question what my motivations are and not want to hire me (e.g. because it might look like I moved away from being interested in tax?) Or is having that intersection of knowledge going to be viewed as useful or at the very least not make me untouchable?

Thanks.

Anonymous User

Re: Tax LLM doing a BK clerkship?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:14 am

I think you might get more responses if you post this in the clerkship forum

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”