Losing Hope.... Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Losing Hope....

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:13 pm

I still have not received a callback....and being that big law/ mid law usually have their decisions in by October it seems that I may have struck out.
I would like to work Big Law/ Mid-size law upon my graduation, but right now it doesn't seem likely.

.....Maybe my grades will improve enough this year, that a firm will take me as a serious candidate.

Regardless, for those that struck out in the past what did you do during your 2L summer? I was thinking about applying to work at a Big 4 accounting firm or at the WTO (I would like to work in securities).

ResIpsa21

Bronze

Re: Losing Hope....

Post by ResIpsa21 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:26 pm

Keep your head up, there's still time. First, if you haven't already, mass mail every single firm you'd be willing to work for in every city you'd be willing to go. Second, can you tell us some basic stats? School, class rank, special factors (law review, etc.)? TLS will be more helpful if you can give us a little more info. For example, if you strike out in OCI but you really want biglaw, you could try landing a federal clerkship and applying again. Clerking is not a golden ticket to biglaw by any stretch, but it definitely gives you another bite at the apple. Depending on your school and current class rank, clerking may or may not be an option for you.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”