SV: When would you take a satellite over homegrown for tech trans/corporate Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

SV: When would you take a satellite over homegrown for tech trans/corporate

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:51 am

Title. In particular, satellites I'm thinking about are K&E, STB, DPW, and Skadden. Homegrown firms I'm thinking of are WSGR, Cooley, and Fenwick.

In general, interested in tech trans, but also would like to explore PE or EC/VC.

SFSpartan

Silver

Re: SV: When would you take a satellite over homegrown for tech trans/corporate

Post by SFSpartan » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:06 am

I wouldn't take any of those satellites over the three homegrown firms you are looking at, given your interests. K&E's office is almost exclusively private equity. To my knowledge, STB and DPW have a lot of "traditional" NYC corporate work in their SV offices (think cap markets). I'm not sure about Skadden. But WSGR, Cooley, and Fenwick are going to have the best tech trans work in SV.

WSGR probably has the broadest practice in terms of the type of companies they work with. Fenwick has a lot of life sciences/biotech work if you're into that kind of thing. Can't speak much to Cooley, as I haven't dealt with them a ton.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”