Royally messed up my CB travel expenses Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
11law01

New

Royally messed up my CB travel expenses

Post by 11law01 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:56 am

I royally messed up this my travel expenses for CBs. I did not fully understand the concept of a "host" firm, and I was in rush to schedule CB's as quick is possible. (In my defense the travel agent also suggested I call each firm because I separated most of my interviews with staying with family/friends.)

My biggest issue is that I had 2 interviews back to back and I charged one firm for the hotel and another for my train ticket from NYC --> DC. Any ideas on how I go about fixing this? Should I contact each of the recruiting departments?

Also, no need to call me an idiot for not doing this correct the first time around. Thanks.

Anonymous User

Re: Royally messed up my CB travel expenses

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:04 am

I feel like no one is going to notice this unless you draw attention to it.

thesealocust

Platinum

Re: Royally messed up my CB travel expenses

Post by thesealocust » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:09 am

I'm not sure that sounds like a big problem? If you charged a firm for travel but not a hotel, they'll probably assume you didn't stay the night or made arrangements with a friend. Likewise if you charge a firm for a hotel but not travel, they'll likely just you were already going to be in the area. Although in both cases, the firm itself won't really think or notice anything, it'll be handled by people doing paperwork for their recruiting team.

All in all, I don't actually know that you did anything wrong, or that you should do anything to try to correct it?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”