Cancelling Callbacks Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Cancelling Callbacks

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:43 am

If I have an offer I'm going to accept, I should cancel all my additional scheduled callbacks, even if the firms have already booked my travel for them, correct?

BulletTooth

Bronze

Re: Cancelling Callbacks

Post by BulletTooth » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:45 am

Anonymous User wrote:If I have an offer I'm going to accept, I should cancel all my additional scheduled callbacks, even if the firms have already booked my travel for them, correct?
Yes. Thank them and tell them that you've accepted an offer elsewhere.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:47 am

Absolutely, the most expensive aspect of callbacks is not the travel expenses but lost attorney time. Nobody wants to interview somebody who has already decided to go elsewhere. That said things like hotel costs are probably refundable. They might have purchased refundable airfare as well.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:49 am

OP. Got it, thanks. I grew up poor so was worried about all the sunk travel costs, but that makes sense.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:57 am

Additional non-money point, but cancelling a callback could lead the firm to offer that callback to the next person down the list, so your classmates will be grateful.

SeewhathappensLarry

Bronze

Post by SeewhathappensLarry » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Additional non-money point, but cancelling a callback could lead the firm to offer that callback to the next person down the list, so your classmates will be grateful.

I think this is the most important point

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”