Paying for tickets and hotels during callbacks Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Paying for tickets and hotels during callbacks

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:26 am

With regard to callbacks, do students pay for the plane tickets and hotel themselves then submit the receipts for reimbursement, or do firms book the tickets and hotel without students having to use their own money? My loans won't be disbursed until the end of August and I'm worried I won't have enough money for all these callback expenses.

Mullens

Silver

Re: Paying for tickets and hotels during callbacks

Post by Mullens » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:30 am

Anonymous User wrote:With regard to callbacks, do students pay for the plane tickets and hotel themselves then submit the receipts for reimbursement, or do firms book the tickets and hotel without students having to use their own money? My loans won't be disbursed until the end of August and I'm worried I won't have enough money for all these callback expenses.
Most firms will pay upfront for the plane tickets and hotels through their travel department/travel service. You will be responsible for meals and ground transit but those are reimbursed. I recommend getting a credit card with a good intro offer because this is a good time to easily spend the money required for the free miles as many of your expenses will be reimbursed.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:48 pm

If I booked a callback, but the firm has not sent me the travel department information. Do I have to buy it myself and then get reimbursed?

daisrt

Bronze

Post by daisrt » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:If I booked a callback, but the firm has not sent me the travel department information. Do I have to buy it myself and then get reimbursed?
No, just ask if there's a travel department you can contact to book your travel. See what they say. Assuming a large firm, they should provide you the info.

RaceJudicata

Gold

Post by RaceJudicata » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:57 pm

I did a few last minute call backs during my OCI, and I had to foot the bill for the flights/hotel. All was reimbursed, of course. As someone mentioned, its a good call to sign up for a credit card w/ a no interest intro period.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”