Which is better? Interviewing at OCI or diversity job fair? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Which is better? Interviewing at OCI or diversity job fair?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:10 pm

I was given screeners by the same firm at my OCI and a diversity job fair. The firm has a policy against multiple interviews so I'll have to decline one. No idea if it's the same office - the firms says it'll interview for all offices at my OCI and for SV (my preferred office) at the job fair. I emailed them to find out.

In terms of likelihood of callback, does it make a real difference which one I pick? I tend to think no so I'm just asking if TLS has some clear preference.

I am top 20% at my school so it seems I might have a better chance at my OCI. But OCI happens one week after the job fair so the firm might have fewer CBs to give by OCI time.

ladybug1989

Bronze

Re: Which is better? Interviewing at OCI or diversity job fair?

Post by ladybug1989 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:09 am

I would definitely do the job fair. They likely see fewer students, it's a week earlier, and it enables you to pick up interviews at OCI that you otherwise couldn't because of time conflicts.

Mullens

Silver

Post by Mullens » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:15 am

I agree that diversity job fair is probably better.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:18 am

I'm in a very similar situation except that the OCI will be a week earlier than the diversity job fair. I will be interviewing with the same office of the same firm, and there is one interviewer that will attend those two interviews...

I don't think that firm has a policy against multiple interviews though.

Can anyone give me some advice on this? Any thoughts will be appreciated!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”