3L Hiring w/an Offer Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

3L Hiring w/an Offer

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:37 am

NY Summer here, at a V5. Have an offer. Know that I'm fortunate - but am interested in changing firms.

I've tried a very specific type of corporate work this summer that my firm does very little of, and I really enjoyed far more than anything else.

It's become clear to me there's close to 0 chance I get to do much work in this field as an associate at my current firm.

So can anyone recommend how to go about making a switch? Assume OCI is out..

acr

Silver

Re: 3L Hiring w/an Offer

Post by acr » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:42 am

Use the search function.

Mullens

Silver

Post by Mullens » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:43 am

Anonymous User wrote:NY Summer here, at a V5. Have an offer. Know that I'm fortunate - but am interested in changing firms.

I've tried a very specific type of corporate work this summer that my firm does very little of, and I really enjoyed far more than anything else.

It's become clear to me there's close to 0 chance I get to do much work in this field as an associate at my current firm.

So can anyone recommend how to go about making a switch? Assume OCI is out..
Massmail firms with more work in this practice area and express why you want to switch into the practice area. Network with people at the firms that have the practice area.

t-14orbust

Gold

Post by t-14orbust » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:45 am

What practice area is it?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”