HLS EIP 2017 Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: HLS EIP 2017

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Paul Hastings LA ding
Mind sharing grades? I haven't heard from them yet and I know multiple people with dings and callbacks.
LA callback with 8 Hs, 2 Ps and regional ties.
Ding after callback?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any word from any akin offices?
Anything from Akin NYC?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:57 am

Hogan DC offer! CB Wednesday. Super psyched :)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:36 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anything from Akin NYC?
I'm not at HLS, but I got an offer from Akin (NY) a week ago Friday, one day after my CB.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anything from Akin NYC?
I'm not at HLS, but I got an offer from Akin (NY) a week ago Friday, one day after my CB.
Any news from Akin TX? I get random emails from their recruiting department about "acing the interview" and radio silence on my application.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Paul Hastings LA ding
Mind sharing grades? I haven't heard from them yet and I know multiple people with dings and callbacks.
LA callback with 8 Hs, 2 Ps and regional ties.
Ding after callback?
I'm the original anon. 2H, 8P.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anything from Akin NYC?
Any news from Akin TX? I get random emails from their recruiting department about "acing the interview" and radio silence on my application.
Did you always get emails from their office? I also interviewed with the Texas office, but have not received any of the emails you describe. Interesting.

throwaway_

New

Post by throwaway_ » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:44 pm

koalas wrote:
TripTrip wrote:On the BCG questions: feel free to reach out to me directly if you'd like to know more about the process, what to expect at each step, or how to prepare. We do mock cases, both officially and unofficially. Email me if you or someone you know has my email (best option) or shoot me a PM (slower).

We have both a summer program (that you can split with a firm) and recruit rising 3Ls for full-time positions. We'll even pay for the bar and let you start after you take it. If we called you back from EIP it's because we want you. We don't have an HLS quota or goal like the law firms do, so we get to pick and choose who we want to come in for 1Rs. That said, we don't expect you to say yes if you're a rising 2L in the middle of law firm callbacks. Feel free to reapply next EIP whether because you rejected our callback or didn't get one.
I am interviewing with BCG post EIP screener and would love to ask TripTrip about the process. Will someone please PM me TripTrip's email address? Thank you in advance.
The BCG email convention is lastname.firstname@bcg.com, and triptrip's name can probably be found from his various projects--you should be good to go from there.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hogan DC offer! CB Wednesday. Super psyched :)
Congrats, very jealous.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:53 pm

Last of 4 CBs (:() tomorrow, no offers yet. Probably because other people have not started making decisions yet, but still. A very frustrating experience. Will begin mass mailing tomorrow, if it isn't too late to do that already.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Last of 4 CBs (:() tomorrow, no offers yet. Probably because other people have not started making decisions yet, but still. A very frustrating experience. Will begin mass mailing tomorrow, if it isn't too late to do that already.
Which market are you? Some of them move very slowly. I talked to OCS last Friday because I was worried about heading nothing from Boston (after 4 CBs) and they basically told me not to worry at all, that this is typical. In fact, two of the firms expressly told me it'd be at least a week or two.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Last of 4 CBs (:() tomorrow, no offers yet. Probably because other people have not started making decisions yet, but still. A very frustrating experience. Will begin mass mailing tomorrow, if it isn't too late to do that already.
Which market are you? Some of them move very slowly. I talked to OCS last Friday because I was worried about heading nothing from Boston (after 4 CBs) and they basically told me not to worry at all, that this is typical. In fact, two of the firms expressly told me it'd be at least a week or two.
OP here. Got my first offer not too long ago. Cali. I know that market can take longer, but still. Provides me the motivation that I needed for my final interview!!

I think the best course of action to pursue would be not to interact with friends, especially those competing in the same markets. Some of my friends were also explicitly told it'd be a week or two, only to receive same-day offers. It was a painful experience. While I was happy for them, I kept wondering what I did wrong not to be offered.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
OP here. Got my first offer not too long ago. Cali. I know that market can take longer, but still. Provides me the motivation that I needed for my final interview!!

I think the best course of action to pursue would be not to interact with friends, especially those competing in the same markets. Some of my friends were also explicitly told it'd be a week or two, only to receive same-day offers. It was a painful experience, because I was happy for them, but kept wondering what I did wrong not to be offered.
Thanks for the feedback. I have 2 California callbacks total and the first is several days away. With below median grades and no regional ties, I'm concerned. :(

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:09 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I think the best course of action to pursue would be not to interact with friends, especially those competing in the same markets. Some of my friends were also explicitly told it'd be a week or two, only to receive same-day offers. It was a painful experience, because I was happy for them, but kept wondering what I did wrong not to be offered.
Thanks for the feedback. I have 2 California callbacks total and the first is several days away. With below median grades and no regional ties, I'm concerned. :(
Just focus on killing those interviews, my (wo)man! You've already cleared the grade/personality threshold. While grades still mattered, they are investing funds in you for some reason - and that reason is not to provide you with a free ride to California.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:33 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Just focus on killing those interviews, my (wo)man! You've already cleared the grade/personality threshold. While grades still mattered, they are investing funds in you for some reason - and that reason is not to provide you with a free ride to California.
This is just what I needed to hear. Thank you :)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:57 am

I don't understand why this word has not been mentioned more often, but if you are done with CBs or only have one or two left and still have not heard anything and you are worried: massmail!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:40 am

Mintz Boston email ding this morning

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:42 am

Anonymous User wrote:I don't understand why this word has not been mentioned more often, but if you are done with CBs or only have one or two left and still have not heard anything and you are worried: massmail!
Is there any history of MM actually turning into an offer?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:20 am

Got offered a Skadden phone screener off dropping a resume in a hospitality suite. Not naming the office to avoid outing myself in the event that this is uncommon. Surprised this actually works, but apparently it does.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:53 pm

32 screeners, 847 rejection emails, and I just accepted an offer at a firm I am super excited to be joining.

Stay strong, everyone. There is hope!

~Calzone Eater

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:32 screeners, 847 rejection emails, and I just accepted an offer at a firm I am super excited to be joining.

~Calzone Eater
Congrats! Which firm?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:32 screeners, 847 rejection emails, and I just accepted an offer at a firm I am super excited to be joining.

~Calzone Eater
Super happy for you Calzone Eater!!!! Congratulations!!!!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:16 pm

~Calzone Eater
Congrats! I felt for you when I read your first post, as it characterized a lot of how I was feeling as well. I'm glad you got a happy result!! :)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:46 pm

Go, Calzone eater!!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:48 am

Any Proskauer Boston offer? How long does it notify the post-CB decisions?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”