Non-law/Lateral Interviewing While Working Biglaw Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
KillerCactus

New

Non-law/Lateral Interviewing While Working Biglaw

Post by KillerCactus » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:17 pm

Hi TLS:

I'm a NYC V15 corporate first year looking to leave the law and NY in the next few months. After a pretty crushing spring, the summer has slowed down a bit for me - so I've been doing hard core job hunting at night. I had pretty solid work experience before law school, so I've gotten a few bites on the left coast and midwest.

Does anyone here who lateraled or left the law have any advice on how to juggle interviewing outside of the city while still working your biglaw job? Any good advice for cover stories? I'm trying not to blow the goodwill I have built up at the firm so far, so as to keep things palatable with partners and coworkers.

I expect the billables to pick up again and I'm going to need figure out how to take weekdays off to travel to another city for interviews.

Help! Thanks!

elendinel

Silver

Re: Non-law/Lateral Interviewing While Working Biglaw

Post by elendinel » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:34 pm

KillerCactus wrote:Hi TLS:

I'm a NYC V15 corporate first year looking to leave the law and NY in the next few months. After a pretty crushing spring, the summer has slowed down a bit for me - so I've been doing hard core job hunting at night. I had pretty solid work experience before law school, so I've gotten a few bites on the left coast and midwest.

Does anyone here who lateraled or left the law have any advice on how to juggle interviewing outside of the city while still working your biglaw job? Any good advice for cover stories? I'm trying not to blow the goodwill I have built up at the firm so far, so as to keep things palatable with partners and coworkers.

I expect the billables to pick up again and I'm going to need figure out how to take weekdays off to travel to another city for interviews.

Help! Thanks!
I had a lot of sick days/work from home days. Try to schedule multiple ones at once to the extent possible. Also try to get some in your area if possible.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”